Skip to main content

*Random Realizations* [Thoughts]

 


Growing up is all about having eye-opening realizations about different stuffs. Realization about ourselves, the world around us and our dynamics with people. Here are some of the realizations I had in the past few months after going through the trial for a much longer period of time. Most of them can't be generalized since they they are solely my point of view, so you are recommended to take them with a pinch of salt!



Saying "I don't care anymore" when no one's asked you very much means you still do care


I wonder if anyone has ever grown up without being emotionally hurt by people around him/her. At one point we start feeling stoic. We keep telling ourselves or whoever willing to hear that we no longer care if someone hurts us, betrays us or tramples us down. There's a hint of monastic coolness in this manner, probably that's why we never get tired of proving that we REALLY don't care. But come to think of it. If we really didn't care, we wouldn't even feel the urge to spell it out. So, it's better to 'accept' what's hurting you instead of denying it cuz only then you can move on with a positive mindset. 



No need to judge anything and everything!


No one likes judgmental people but that's not the main reason I don't think it's a wise thing to do. You see, you shouldn't judge people or a trait of them for the sake of your own mental health. If you want to, you can judge everything and everyone around you because all of them have flaws. But doing so will only leave you with a pessimistic point of view towards all around you more and more. That doesn't help to keep a sound mind. Everyone has rooms for improvement. A friendly approach towards others to help them with their improvement is always welcome. But if that's not something you're able to do, it's better to accept and let go. 



Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional


I first came across this quote in Haruki Murakami's book- 'What I Talk about When I Talk about Running' and fell in love with this mindset so much. Indeed it's not the pain that gives us hard time as much as our emotional attachment to this pain does. That's why all pain relieving meditations tell you to accept the pain and cut the emotional part from it. I believe this mindset is applicable literally for all types of pain- mental, physical, emotional, school-related, work-related - you name it. Such a life changing way of thinking. 



It's very much possible to be a failure


Sounds pessimistic- I know. No motivational speaker will ever tell you to think like this. Nor will I. This way of thinking has worked for 'me' to calm my mind and focus on what I'm doing. I had this question pricking my mind- "I'm learning all these things but what if I can't be successful at the end of the day? What will be the point of all these?" If you only think about failure it will be too intimidating to start or continue anything. But I couldn't get the possibility of failure out of my head. So I told myself- "yeah, it's very much possible to fail as much as it is to succeed. If you do end up failing, write a book about 'how it feels to be a failure after trying so hard'. So, work hard now so you have some good content for that book even if you don't manage to succeed." (Of course I don't wanna be a failure nevertheless.) That's it. Did the job for keeping me from being pessimistic.



Had a few more thoughts to share but I'll stop here for now and save them for some other day. I want to be more punctual in posting. Angry at myself for slacking off lately >:(


With the hope of bringing some good content next time, I'm drawing an end to today's post. Take care! :D

Popular posts from this blog

An Excerpt from My Karate Journey!

One of the new things that has been added to my life this year is Karate. I had always been interested in learning some kind of martial art, so finally starting to learn karate was like a dream-come-true to me. Recently I've been promoted to yellow belt from white (belt ranking starts from white and gradually climbes up to yellow, orange, green etc.). Today I'd like to share with you some thoughts regarding my karate journey. First, let me tell you about our karate dojo (where karate is taught). Honestly, I've never been to a place full of so much positive energy before. No negativity, only hard work and learning. I think it's wonderful that we willingly keep coming to the place which keeps giving us tough time every week. I doubt even 1% of this willingness is present when it comes to going to school. Another different thing about this place is– here age doesn't make you junior or senior, your skill does. Often we learn from someone who is much younger than us and

How the Nuclear Tests Destroyed the Lives of Innocent Islanders

  Bikini Atoll The other day I was reading the story 'othoi shagor' of 'Tin goyenda' again after almost 8 years and learned about an interesting historical reference which I had completely ignored the first time I read it. Today I'm sharing that with you. After World War 2, during the cold war between the United States and Russia, the U.S.A. conducted some consecutive nuclear tests on different islands and atolls in the Marshall islands (the testing sites were given the name– Pacific Proving Grounds). These tests continued  for 12 years starting from 1946, to show the world how much power they had. According to the document, 105 nuclear tests were conducted in total. The first explosion took place at Bikini Atoll on 1July, 1946. (Atolls are ring-shaped coral islands.) Marshall Islands is situated in the South Sea of Pacific Ocean and it consists of many small islands and atolls. The atolls consist of smaller islands. In the mainland of the Bikini atoll, lived 167

Arab Spring pt. 1

After slacking on a weekly post, I'm back on the track with new content! This time's topic is a history that's not completely part of the past yet. You've got the spoiler in the title already; it's the hot topic of the beginning of last decade- the Arab Spring. There's much to get into regarding this topic and so I intend to make two (or more if needed) parts of today's post. Here's the part one where I'll be covering what Arab Spring is, how it began and a glimpse of what it led to.  It all started from a small country in North Africa- Tunisia; a country having a long history of corruption and oppression from the government. In the cover of farce-like democracy, the country actually ran by dictatorship under the power of president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, Tunisia's second president starting from 1987. People didn't have the freedom of speech and government corruption, unemployment, social inequality were distressing their life. Ben Ali's